3.10.2009

hongry

Today there was a guy walking down 3rd Street when a pop can fell (or possibly was tossed) out a third-story window and landed square on his head. I was right behind him and only saw it coming a fraction of a second before it hit. He looked around like "WTF?!" and then went on his way. I had to laugh. I wish I had a picture of the scene right before the can landed, with the can about a foot above his head.

I went to the Whole Foods at Harrison and 4th because it was on my way home and I had to get some salad. I also got some starfruit, which I haven't had in forever and will likely dig into tomorrow. I wish I had also gotten some avocados because I just cut open my last good one.

So I'm doing freelance editing for neo-factory.com. I've only started on the Web site, but I do hope they send me more documents to edit. I like where this is going so far. It's challenging work.

Starting Monday 3/2 was the Intro to Aikido for Adults class. It's four Mondays in a row. I missed last week's, but I went yesterday and was happy to see it was very crowded! You never realize how much you know until you try to teach it to someone, and last night, I realized I was very good at taino henko. Hey, it's a start. It was very cold on the mat, though, and my toenails turned blue and my feet numb.

I've been really self-conscious about my stretch marks lately because I'm looking at getting a new bikini. Now that I'm officially an adult, I'm not sure a pink plaid or Hello Kitty two-piece really works anymore. I read that self-tanner hides stretch marks, but then there's the upkeep of using self-tanner. Do you think a regular suntan would make them less noticeable? They're not colored; they're just kind of like dents. I wanted to get a Brazilian bikini bottom, which is skimpier than usual, but not if tanning that part of my body won't do me a bit of good.


It looks kind of like that, with less back coverage than your standard bikini. I want it in black.


And I want this top in white. I am not at all a fan of the matching bottom here, though.

I ate lunch at my desk today and used my lunchtime to lie on a park bench and attempt a short nap. I wasn't too successful because the bench was hard and flat and there were bums having loud conversation nearby, but I did snooze a little. Maybe I'll bring a pillow and blanket to work and lie in the grass next time.
I am definitely not bringing enough food to work. I cram my lunchbox full of food and also bring a thermos full of green smoothie, yet I am always starving and out of food by the time 3 p.m. rolls around. Today I brought my enchilada, kiwi, dates, brazil nuts, lentil sprouts, tomatoes, and smoothie, adding up to nearly 1,000 calories. Is that not enough? What else could I bring?

2 comments:

  1. Um, I may not be the one you want feedback from ;^) That stuff just doesn't look good on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bottom is cute...the black one.

    Body brushing and coconut oil + geranium essential oil are a great way to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. You'd want to do both daily and it will take some time to work. That's my suggestion..

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you'd like to say something? Well, thanks to the relative anonymity of the Intertron, you can!