3.13.2009

Pie and other musings.

I got my tax refund! Now it's time for a new computer, a new blender (Vita-Mix 4500), and a student loan payment! Yippee! If I have any extra money, I might buy a top or two.


I kind of miss shopping at Goodwill. But I don't miss the ill-fitting clothes I wore during those days. I used to buy T-shirts in the little boys' section and tapered-leg corduroys for $3.99. Lucky for my public image but unlucky for my bank account, I am more tuned in to fashion now.

It was another beautiful day despite beginning and ending overcast and chilly.

Last night was another disrupted-sleep night. I accidentally nodded off during what was apparently the funniest part of the whole team meeting at work today, so I'm sorry I missed it, but I truly couldn't help it. All I wanted to do was curl up in bed and cuddle with Sadie, and that will likely be achieved in actuality very soon.

I had a dream last night that AW came to visit me at my parents' house, where we ate lots of spaghetti. We drove in my old car to my grade school, and we went to the cafeteria and walked around. I was dating P. Diddy, and he was just shooting me and shooting me with a gun, although apparently not in any vital organs. And I was crying and screaming and begging him to stop, but he never did, nor did anyone take me to the hospital. My parents didn't care that he was shooting me repeatedly. When I finally made it to the hospital, it turned out that he wasn't shooting me with bullets but with memory cards (like the kind you'd put in a camera) that held romantic songs. And then I was like, "Aw, how sweet."

Another weird dream I had was about zombies! Eating a certain boxed chocolate flavor (I think it was one of those "fruit cream" chocolates that are never very good) made this one guy a zombie. But simply touching a zombie with your bare hands made you a zombie; you didn't have to get bitten to become one. The only thing was that the zombies were pretty good at hiding the fact that they were zombies, and you didn't find out until it was too late. So a few friends and I (sorry, I can't remember who you were) locked ourselves in an apartment and prepared to do battle. We wore latex gloves and ski masks to minimize risk of touching the zombie directly. The backyard resembled my parents' backyard, and the head zombie was hanging out by the swingset. We knew that if we took care of him, somehow, the other zombies would die, too. So we tasered him until he died, and then we celebrated because we saved the world (except for the people who were also zombies; they died, too).

WTF, right?

We've been watching Flight of the Conchords on Netflix. It's hilarious. I remember when AP (a somewhat-native New Zealander) first showed me a video of one of their live performances way back before they were big in the States. I loved it then and now.

I am so happy it's Friday. I am going to sleep in like crazy tomorrow. Or at least take a nap that is as long as I want without feeling guilty.

I went to aikido, and then we all went out for Indian food at Currylicious. Training was really hard and funny. A glorious time was had by all. I really like my friends there. Everyone is so nice.

It looks like I shall be attending a Pi Day/housewarming party, so I need to make a pie. It turns out that I don't have that many pie recipes, even though I love pie. I guess there are limited things you can do within a pie crust. I could go with chocolate bourbon pecan or (raw) chocolate strawberry. I'll see how I feel morning of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you'd like to say something? Well, thanks to the relative anonymity of the Intertron, you can!