3.18.2009

Stuff

St. Patrick's Day was a really bad day for me. It started OK - I mean, I was kind of tired from restless sleep the night before, but nothing new. I went to work, but I had to deal with a bunch of writers' tax stuff again. I don't mind working with writers, but I have not been trained to know anything about how to handle 1099s, levies, etc., so naturally I make mistakes when I am forced to handle it. But I'm pretty sure even doing that is not in my job description. At least I'm finally getting business cards! I hope mine come back with pink writing.
Then I had an extra-long BART ride home and rushed to aikido. Here's where things start getting really bad. My mind was simply not functioning. I couldn't even roll right. I couldn't process what anyone was saying, I was a giggle machine, and toward the end I almost cried because I just couldn't do what we were doing with the bokken. I just could not make my body do it. I tried very hard and was frustrated. I spent time after class yesterday working on the seven bokken suburi, and I'm going to keep working on it until I notice improvement.

My new computer came!


Ain't she a beaut? It has taken an ENTIRE DAY to transfer all my documents from the old Mac to the new one. It must have been a) because I didn't have a Firewire cable and had to use the internet connection to transfer stuff and b) because I have a lot of music and pictures.

I wish all fruit were in season all the time. I like strawberries and apples and kiwis and clementines, but come on, I also want some blueberries, cherries, mangos, grapes, and pineapples RIGHT NOW!


I think I need to move to the tropics. I might give 80-10-10 another shot this summer when there is more fruit around. I just feel like I haven't quite hit on the right eating solution yet.

I go to Austin soon! I am excited. I can't wait to get some sun on this white, veiny body!
The weather here right now is just gorgeous, but it's not swimsuit weather. After a series of naps, I got out to the post office today to take care of my passport and mail AW a book. I think I'm going to revise all my posts to abbreviate names because I've given myself relative anonymity with the initial "S," and everyone in my life deserves that same courtesy.

Speaking of friends, F had a very thought-provoking explanation for my near-constant laughter. "It must be how you release energy," he said. I wonder why everyone doesn't do it that way. It's kind of fun. F was generous enough to bring jars of his mother's stuff - I think he said olive oil, basil, garlic, and maybe some other stuff - for dipping or smothering purposes. I need to figure out how I'm going to use it. I could go with a big loaf of crusty bread or some zucchini pasta or... what else does one do with this stuff?
I used the word "stuff" far too many times in that paragraph.

M's birthday celebration is next Sunday. It's karaoke! Yeah! I'll be fresh off the flight from Austin, but I need to think of something to get or make her. She's way craftier than I, so doing something impressive will be hard. Hmm...

1 comment:

  1. Persephone20.3.09

    My therapist said I laugh all time because of nervous energy, but like, it could be worse right? What if I cried all the time from nervous energy?

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you'd like to say something? Well, thanks to the relative anonymity of the Intertron, you can!