4.21.2009

Adtech spoils.

CSI: Miami was not on Monday. GRR. So I went to bed earlier and woke up refreshed - again! Oh happy day.

It was another hot one, judging by the amount of people in khaki shorts and lewd old men leering at me. It's not that I have trouble accepting compliments; it's that I don't appreciate compliments with obscenities, vulgarities, or general creepiness combined with a certain look in the eyes and a special tone of voice reserved only for the bedroom. UGH.
I did get some nice compliments in addition to weirdness today, though. For this I am grateful. I must be looking as good as I feel!

Look what SW showed me. How adorable is that?! I want one. This would be much more feasible than a WALL-E.

So I'm not comfortable going completely freelance/part-time on copy editing until I have a fairly solid personal training gig and until C has begun working. Maybe I'll fast-forward my timetable to take the exams this summer. C and I can study together, except his test is the CPA.

I got a mani-pedi. It was really nice to go into air-conditioning for an hour. I love having this extra income from my freelance gig; I can pay for stuff in cash and not affect my bank account. Not that I'm spending money out the wazoo or anything.

My boss went to AdTech. Upon returning, he said, "I was going to grab some chocolate, but some guy said these were much better," and thwapped a small package on my desk. He proceeded to do the same on everyone else's desk. Do you know what was in the package?


A CONDOM.
A blue one, no less.
What?! WHAT?!?!
I have to get out of here.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous22.4.09

    What kind of boss do you have? Some people would claim sexual harrassment if their boss gave them something like that. Besides… it's expired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @anonymous it's funny because the more I think about it, the more it seems like something he (or anyone I work with, really) would do. The climate at my office is different to say the least. This would have all seemed like good fun to me if it were outside the office, even if it involved all the same people. Maybe I'm a prude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... I feel so special to have made your blog. :)
    I just now caught up on all your blogings. Keep em' commin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah S30.4.09

    that is a wee bit shady. but hey, at least now you're protected. Just think, chocolate might have given you acne, but that condom gives you the peace of mind that there won't be any baby Sarah's running around for awhile.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you'd like to say something? Well, thanks to the relative anonymity of the Intertron, you can!