4.23.2009

Grab life by the horns.

I saw a brown-and-white pigeon today. Never seen one before.


I didn't have my camera, but this is about what it looked like. I was wondering this morning why pigeons walk so much. I understand about perhaps not wanting to miss a speck of food, but if I were a pigeon, I would be much more efficient by flying low over the sidewalk from place to place.

I make a lot of lists. Always for stuff to do or get at a later time or date. Why bother? Why not just do the stuff that pops into my mind right when it shows up? Oh, that's right; because I have to hold down this job.

I started reading Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting by Lynn Grabhorn.


What a name. She grabs stuff - challenges, opportunities, life (like Dodge) - by the horns, apparently. My colon hydrotherapist ordered it for me because she thought I needed to have it. The book is about the Law of Attraction. This idea may seem a little offensive at first. But I think it's a great thing to believe in if it helps you get what you want. This may be the key for me to have work I love, clear skin, and enough money to do whatever I want. I'm only in the first chapter, so we'll see how it unfolds.

I don't remember the last time I felt this bad about my job. It's not that something in particular happened today; I just was reminded again that I'm pretty much stuck here until at least the fall. We have to have a backup income plus a way to cut costs significantly. I've considered dumpster diving, freecycling ... anyone have any other ways (besides the obvious thrift-store stint) to get stuff for less money? I figure we'll always and forever have to pay rent and utilities. If everything else were free somehow, it would free up a lot of time to do things we like. But at the same time, I don't want to give up the things we can do now, such as go out to eat, go on vacations, etc. I'd get into investing if I didn't still owe on my student loans. The thing is, I feel pretty good and hopeful about my future but not nearly as good about my present! I guess I'm just in a mood to feel sorry for myself today.
I need to read more of that book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you'd like to say something? Well, thanks to the relative anonymity of the Intertron, you can!