4.28.2009

My first EFT experience.

Don't know what EFT is? Never fear. Click here for a video.


Sounds kind of hippy-dippy, I know. But I'll try anything once, and after tonight's first rounds, I think I'll keep at it.

I decided to tap on my acne since that is the first thing I feel I need to get rid of before I can move on to the next stage of my life, whatever that is. So I stood in front of the bathroom mirror, tapping and tapping: "Even though I hate my pores for being enormous and clogging all the time, and even though I hate myself for using so many harsh techniques and picking at it and not being able to fix it, I completely and deeply love and forgive and accept myself." Etc. I did three rounds. During the process, I felt a lot of emotion build up and come out, and I was saying things that I didn't realize had anything to do with my acne, such as, "Even though I'm afraid of having good skin because I'm terrified of being living up to a standard of perfection even though I claim to want it, I deeply and completely and totally love and accept myself." Wow.
Anyway, afterward, I drank a lot of water, and then I felt like I had just finished a good cry but without all the stuffy/runny nose stuff and swollen eyes and headache. So there was definitely an emotional release. I'm not sure what, if any, physical effect it will have, but I plan to do it again tomorrow, and I'm also willing to try it on other things in my life.

If you haven't tried it, do. Read up on the tips and tricks, and give it a whirl. Worse comes to worst, you spend five minutes tops feeling like a weirdo. I'll keep you updated on anything that happens because of EFT, in case you need more motivation.
Click here to visit the blog that really turned me on to this EFT business, and read this amazing gal's story. She has great tips on everything else you can imagine as well.

2 comments:

  1. Persephone30.4.09

    I am sooooo doing this. I've wanted to try it for a while but it's official. Do or do not, there is no try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should. I'm exhausted from doing it so much, but I really think it has helped in the two days I've been doing it.
    s

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you'd like to say something? Well, thanks to the relative anonymity of the Intertron, you can!