5.04.2009

Blah blah blah.

C went to Van Morrison on Saturday at Berkeley's Greek Theater. It was a last-minute decision, and he got a great deal on his ticket. I stayed at home and read. Here are some pictures he took:



It's been rainy and gray. We went to Salvation Army and Sphere Designs to look for sectional sofas. We were not successful. I personally can't justify spending $1,000 on a couch, so I hope something appears at SA or Freecycle.

Speaking of Freecycle, what a great invention! I am having so much fun with it. I freecycled two macrobiotic books, which I alternately read and skimmed. I don't think the whole thing is for me, but there are good principles in there. I think macrobiotics emphasizes too much soy and grains for me (although I do like both), but I think sea vegetables, pickles, and the abundance of other vegetables is great. But, like, no avocados? No asparagus? No spinach? Almost no drinking water? No can do, people. They say you can be as strict or as loose as you want, but if you're not at least a little strict, what's the point? I think they have some nice complete meal ideas every once in a while, though, if you're looking to impress somebody and be healthy at the same time.

I started going to the gym in the mornings again. I've been applying for jobs like crazy. Nothing else to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you'd like to say something? Well, thanks to the relative anonymity of the Intertron, you can!