5.01.2009

Dear Universe, I'm ready for something new.


This was me today. As much as I hate to use cliches, something happened today to be the straw that broke the camel's back. I was so, so angry and insulted.

I EFTed on hating my job in the bathroom, but I only had time for one round. Now I've cooled down a bit, but I still want to quit. I want to turn in my two weeks' notice on Monday. Never mind that I have nothing else lined up. What good is it to make money but hate 40+ waking hours per week of your life? I'll wait tables. I'll take out a loan. I'll go into credit card debt. I will get out of this job, and soon. I mean it. I'm miserable.

OK, so quitting Monday is not a good idea. But it's time for me to get a little more serious about looking, about studying for the personal training exams, about actually quitting. All the wishing and positive thoughts in the world won't help anything magically land into my lap. I have to get out there and DO something. I've decided that I'll take any job, even if it has nothing to do with my degree, in order to get out of this one.

The project I'm working on might bring in some money someday, but as it's still in its infancy, the chances of it being able to pay my bills should I quit this job right now are pretty much zero. And the freelance project I'm doing pays well, but it's not a forever thing, and I'll run out of work on that really quickly if it were to become my main focus. What I need here is another source of income. A real one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you'd like to say something? Well, thanks to the relative anonymity of the Intertron, you can!