1.02.2010

1/2/10

Welcome to 2010! I am happy to be here. Let's make this the best year ever, shall we? Without further ado, my resolutions:
1. To be less flaky. I've become rather unreliable lately, and I think it has to do with a lack of planning and an inability to decline invitations. So I overbook and overextend myself, and therefore I do a lot of canceling and rescheduling. And that ain't cool.
To help: I got a planner; the electronic scheduling (I'm talking to you, iPhone) just wasn't doing it for me. I also am planning for at least two personal days a week, dates with myself, if you will. That should give me ample time to recharge, get chores done, and so on.

2. To devote more time to creative projects. I've neglected my piano and left any other latent artistic talent within me completely uncultivated.
To help: I joined Flickr and am toting my camera everywhere; I want to become a better photographer and take more pictures. Many times I have wished I had taken pictures of this or that, so this can help me cut down on regrets as well. I am also trying to make the area around my keyboard more spacious and appealing by moving the bed over and attaching some lovely curtains to the adjacent bay window so that I'll want to play.

That's really it. I do need to start exercising again, but I've been meaning to do that for some time, so it's not a new endeavor on which I choose to embark the first day of the new year.

What are your resolutions? Or do you find resolutions kind of lame?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh, you'd like to say something? Well, thanks to the relative anonymity of the Intertron, you can!