2.12.2010

Fixation Friday 2/12/10

Five things I'm in love with this week:


1. Candy making! Peep this article on how to make a box of chocolates. I went with date truffles, chocolate-orange sweeties, and chocolate-covered strawberries. I found little candy cups (or "miniature baking cups"), tissue paper, and cute Asian food takeout boxes to put the chocolates in at Cost Plus World Market. V-Day is a great excuse to make candy and chocolate-covered anything. Also check out aphrodisiacs... if you're into that.

2. Garlic. A natural antibiotic and antifungal, it also has been reported to hinder the growth of cancer cells, blood clots, and bad cholesterol levels. It is also an aphrodisiac, fittingly for this week. Most important, it is delicious. Garlic is my favorite smell. If they made garlic perfume, I would buy it, wear it, and force my loved ones and the kitty to wear it.

3. Somewhat sad male indie rock, such as Voxtrot, Maritime, and Okkervil River. This is not a new genre, but suddenly it is all I want to listen to this week.

4. Heart of the City Farmers' Market. I just started going and buying stuff. IT IS SO CHEAP. I'm going to start eating mostly veggies and see how much money I save.

5. Living by the Unicorn Code:


Well, there it is. I said it. What do you love?

2 comments:

  1. Damian!13.2.10

    I can't believe you wouldn't talk to strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Damian.
    s

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you'd like to say something? Well, thanks to the relative anonymity of the Intertron, you can!