3.19.2010

Fixation Friday 3/19/10


The answers to the question you've been asking all week: What is capturing my attention? Well, I'll tell you.

1. GLORIOUS weather. It's sunny and 70 here in San Francisco, and I could not be more pleased. I'm talkin' short sleeves, open-toed shoes (sweaty feet optional), and slight raccoon eyes if people-watching at Pier 39 on lunch. It's supposed to cool down again next week, but I'm trying not to think about it. Weather is one of the single biggest influences on my daily mood.

2. My friend AW started blogging! I mention her here to encourage it. She is an interesting, talented writer and will soon be published; of this I am certain.

3. Mumford & Sons.


Very much enjoying this folksy UK band putting out melodic, vocally driven music. Also, hello, banjo!

4. Consider This...: Questions That Make You Think is a book given to me by C&MF as a birthday gift. I've cracked it open with a few different people. Some of the questions are worded in a really stupid, broad, or obvious way, but with a little tweaking, they can feed conversations for quite some time. I even called myself out on my fear of confrontation that was hiding behind a professed belief in relativity... Wow. Somebody needs to go back to therapy.

5. Pigs!


They're cute, they're pink, and they ain't fussy.

Guys, do you think my apartment would allow a pig? It allows cats. Pigs are super-smart, similar to humans in some physical qualities, and it's not at all uncommon for people to keep them as pets. Better use for them than in bacon, amirite?

Happy Friday! What's catching your eye this week?

3 comments:

  1. OMG. I was a featured highlight. I'd better go write another blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your mood can't be THAT bad next week. I'M going to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omigod. i want a pet pig now. but only if it fits in a teacup.

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you'd like to say something? Well, thanks to the relative anonymity of the Intertron, you can!