4.09.2010

Fixation Friday 4/9/10

End-of-week roundup of five things that are giving me a ladyboner:

1. Hello Kitty Wine. This is a real thing. Peep this red:


How can life get any better? They took arguably my two favorite things and combined them. Two great tastes that taste great together. Plus I saw it on The Colbert Report, and I am a mindless follower. I'll take 200 cases, please.

2. THERE IS A ZIP LINE AT JUSTIN HERMAN PLAZA. Put your shoes on and go, because this thing looks like an adrenaline orgasm. I am going Monday. Would you like to join me?

3. Biking to work. My first time was Wednesday. I am not very adventurous or fast on my sickle, so it was intimidating trying to keep up with all the other bikers, going 30 mph and swerving between cars on Market Street. Getting home, though, was much more uphill. However, biking first thing in the morning put me in a pretty good mood for the rest of the day, and I got more exercise in. I'm going to try to bike to work twice a week from now on.

Also, Google Maps has bicycle directions!


4. Vegan nachos. They're all I want to eat right now. I tried to be good this week with my black bean-quinoa-mango salad, but I have a feeling nachos and I are going to have a whirlwind romance this weekend.


5. This song:



What's blowing your mind this week?

3 comments:

  1. Shutterbug is blowing my mind: http://www.myspace.com/bigboi

    So's the SC Beach Boardwalk, chalk full of barfy goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, biking to work is one of my favorite parts of the day. It's a good way to get exercise in, and plus, isn't just more pleasant than riding the bus and dealing with all the crazies on there? (Yourself included). The one thing I miss about my old job was my ability to ride my bike to work every day. Now, some of the assignments are a little too far to bike, but if I get a good one, I savor riding the bike as opposed to Aunt Claire (AC Transit).

    Not having the internet is driving me crazy. AT&T is going to get a nasty phone call from me on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Adam I <3 Big Boi! That's a pretty bomb track. Also, SC = Santa Cruz? They've also got about a billion pinball machines!

    @Christina it's also a really nice view -- I go up the Embarcadero. Here's to you and your fight with AT&T.
    s

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you'd like to say something? Well, thanks to the relative anonymity of the Intertron, you can!