1. Bridget, my family's dog. She was coming to her end, so they had her put down on Monday. I'm sad I couldn't see her in her last days. She was a very sweet basset hound, and she lived something like 14 or 15 years. More on her next week. As my aunt said, "R.I.P. ZIZZY!"
2. Paychecks. I am very, very, very grateful for paychecks this week. With paychecks, you can buy food! Pay bills! Do something fun with your friends!
3. Working out in the morning. I finally bit the bullet and did it, and you know what? It wasn't as bad as I had been building it up to be. It definitely wakes you up, and there's nothing to dread or back out of at the end of the day. Now if I can just learn to function on less sleep, we'll be set.
4. Columbo. I'm not sure whether I mentioned this before, but I have fond memories of watching this with my father when I was small, before my brother was born. My dad worked nights and took care of me during the day while my mom was at work. We spent a lot of time watching television, from Sesame Street and cooking shows on PBS to Columbo and Banacek. So I got the first two episodes (they're actually made-for-TV movies, which I did not know) on DVD from the library, and I was a little afraid that it was one of those things that is way more awesome in your memory. Luckily, it was still awesome. I appreciated it now more for its humor and Lieutenant Columbo's cigar tic, glass eye, constant fumbling for a pen, and simpleton act than for its mystery and good-guys-winning elements.
5. THIS SONG! Thanks to WJE for turning me on to CSS:
So that's it. Happy Friday! Have a nice weekend.