5.14.2010

Fixation Friday 5/14/10

So! I had a pretty rough week, including missing work, arguments, cutting fingertips off AGAIN, dreaming of Swiss cheese, and having almost no food in the house. But I'm rallying some gratitude for this list of items that are making me happy this week:

1. Bridget, my family's dog. She was coming to her end, so they had her put down on Monday. I'm sad I couldn't see her in her last days. She was a very sweet basset hound, and she lived something like 14 or 15 years. More on her next week. As my aunt said, "R.I.P. ZIZZY!"

2. Paychecks. I am very, very, very grateful for paychecks this week. With paychecks, you can buy food! Pay bills! Do something fun with your friends!

3. Working out in the morning. I finally bit the bullet and did it, and you know what? It wasn't as bad as I had been building it up to be. It definitely wakes you up, and there's nothing to dread or back out of at the end of the day. Now if I can just learn to function on less sleep, we'll be set.

4. Columbo. I'm not sure whether I mentioned this before, but I have fond memories of watching this with my father when I was small, before my brother was born. My dad worked nights and took care of me during the day while my mom was at work. We spent a lot of time watching television, from Sesame Street and cooking shows on PBS to Columbo and Banacek. So I got the first two episodes (they're actually made-for-TV movies, which I did not know) on DVD from the library, and I was a little afraid that it was one of those things that is way more awesome in your memory. Luckily, it was still awesome. I appreciated it now more for its humor and Lieutenant Columbo's cigar tic, glass eye, constant fumbling for a pen, and simpleton act than for its mystery and good-guys-winning elements.

5. THIS SONG! Thanks to WJE for turning me on to CSS:



So that's it. Happy Friday! Have a nice weekend.

xo,
s

3 comments:

  1. Really, working out in the morning isn't the worst thing that ever happened to you? Because there's so much wrong with that sentence. Let's take a closer look: "working out," "morning," "in the." Yep, seems ALL BAD to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working out in the morning is the best! You can get it out of the way and only have to take one shower. Plus, I love running during a sunrise. It's so inspiring, innit?

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you'd like to say something? Well, thanks to the relative anonymity of the Intertron, you can!