7.06.2010

'Tron Tuesday 7/6/10


Hi hi hi. No, it's still Tuesday, which is totally different from Wednesday. I'm sorry I've abandoned the blog, more or less, for the past two weeks. I've been insanely busy, but I am having a blast. Perhaps you'll read about the past two months or so in my memoir someday. But while you're here, let's do a 'Tron Tuesday:

1. An open letter to men by superbabe Christina Hendricks of Mad Men in Esquire. I don't really watch this show, but this letter is a basic summation of what I, too, would like men to know. Pro tips: Remember what we like, we want you to order scotch, and marriage changes very little. I would remove the Facebook item and suggest that real men eat dessert.

2. Story of my life.

3. Having trouble sleeping? Can't relax? Need to tune out your thoughts? Wish you had a box fan or noise machine to drown out noisy street traffic and hollering crackheads outside your second-floor city apartment? Turn up some Rainy Mood (FREE), and turn down your insomnia.

4. 'Tis the season for street fairs around here. The Superhero Street Fair is not quite up my alley, but if you're into superheroes (like, really into them outside of just Batman, Superman, +c.) and live in San Francisco, check it out this weekend.

5. Remember Daria? I am not exaggerating when I say it is my favorite show ever. I used to watch reruns of it every day when I had to babysit my younger siblings over the summer. Well, some genius wrote up some dating tips with the perspective from that show, and it is genius. Are you a Stacy? A Brittany? I'm probably a Quinn, sad to say.

And that's all I have. Got something better?

xo,
s

2 comments:

  1. OK, you say that you "don't really watch that show." But you really ought to watch that show. Because "Mad Men" is rad, man. And "rad" rhymes with "mad." And "man" is a variation of "men." And that makes no sense, but the show is awesome, and Christina Hendricks is totally a superbabe. So what more could you want?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know, but I'm having enough trouble keeping up with the TV shows I already try to watch: True Blood, CSI: Miami, Dexter, Daily Show, Colbert, Castle, +c.
    s

    ReplyDelete

Oh, you'd like to say something? Well, thanks to the relative anonymity of the Intertron, you can!